Sexual Harassment

 Once in a while at work, some clients try to flirt with me which I dread. I try my best to deter the perpetrators to no avail. At one occasion, a client who had flirted with me was deterred by my friend, Bethany, who in the pass, faced sexual harassment from a perpetrator. She filed a misconduct charge against a perpetrator because he had flirted with her in a manner that made the recipient uncomfortable. Deterring these individuals is quite difficult, usually misconduct filings deters perpetrators from flirting and harassment. They won’t stop harassing the recipients despite being repeatedly told to stop. Bethany felt uneasy and uncomfortable during that situation. She tried her best to deter the perpetrator. She took some days off of work for that reason. When I heard that story, I was shocked because it happened to someone very close to me, and I felt bad for her. I reminded her that I will always be there for her if she needed me. She managed to make me nervous every time a man complimented me. 


Comments