Office Politics
With office politics being a common occurrence in populated firms, I figured I don’t want to get sucked up in office gossip which could hinder my performance more often than not. I know some friends who got sucked up in office politics which hindered their execution times. One should never undermine the effects of workplace gossip. Undermining it might lead to broken friendships, withheld secrets, and other unpleasant events. Hindering someone’s work performance is as damaging as withholding their paychecks. I know someone that succumbed to hazing during the first week at the firm. He undermined it at first and withheld his thoughts but after weeks of it he told his boss. I congratulated him for talking to his boss about the situation, and I encouraged him to continue to act like that. He became more confident after this incident.I gave him good advice, and I hope that he will listen to me more often. I also had a similar experience but not with coworkers. It was related to my hazing to my arrival in secondary school.
Comments
Post a Comment